Wednesday, May 17, 2017

On the other hand...

...at least I seem to have pulled out of the spiritual power dive I was undergoing.

Once again, I'm receiving the sacraments of the Catholic Church and bumbling along as well as pontificating here and there.

The kids are good--Madeleine is going to Africa in two months for a mission trip to Tanzania, Dale is moving up a rank in Trail Life (though he's going to put it on hold for a while, at least), Rachel is enjoying theatre, Louis is a brown belt and Tae Kwon Do and Lizzie has her orange belt, and Tommy runs the world and we just pay him rent.

Heather remains what she always is--an astonishingly-great mother and a wife I do not remotely deserve. Oh, and the book collection continues to be catalogued.

I have discovered Amazon's "The Man in the High Castle" and urge you to discover it, too. A brilliantly-detailed look at a nightmare world, albeit a very unlikely one. Still, the horror has enough notes of contact with ours to make it a gut punch with every viewing. The production values are amazing, with much less CGI than you'd imagine. And Rufus Sewell deserves all the Emmys for his work as Obergruppenfuhrer John Smith.

I hope my occasional readers are doing well.

9 comments:

  1. Doing well thank you. Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Dale, and happy to see you are doing well. Maybe I'll be inspired to rediscover my writing pen, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABS always remembers you and yours at Mass (and also for our mutual friend) and so it was good news to find you linked to at Canon 212.

    Welcome home. You are an honest and courageous man

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're back to what we laughingly refer to as "normal" :)

    peace,
    Zach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to divert the conversation, but do you know why Christopher Johnson has not posted at mcj since November?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hangin' in. Took a header off one of my chairs a while back. Fell asleep, I think, and bounced my head off the hard wood once or twice. Most of my right half was maroon and I still haven't gotten full use of my right hand back yet. But I'm getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am OK, and I am awaiting the next season of High Castle with increasing impatience.

    ReplyDelete

Be reasonably civil. Ire alloyed with reason is fine. But slagging the host gets you the banhammer.

The Secret to Thriving during the Eastern Great Lent.

A couple secrets, actually. The first is Lebanese and Syrian cooking. At our new Melkite parish, the Divine Liturgy has been followed by Len...